Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cat's Out of the Bag

Today was unexpectedly exhausting. This morning I went to work and had to host a meeting I didn't expect to because my supervisor was ill today and couldn't do it.  I had no idea until I got there and saw a message for me on the phone about it. I had about ten minutes to prepare.  I stayed after for a while to talk with another coworker about lab hours.  When I left work I walked outside and checked my phone to see a message from Sire:

"Can't pick you up I'm in a meeting.  You have to walk home."  

It was almost 100°F outside.   

When I finally got home I stripped all my clothes off and nearly passed out on the couch.   I wanted to take a nap or play Arc Rise Fantasia and just veg out, but then Sire came home and asked me to run to the store with him.  So I got dressed again and went.

After the store we went to the bank and then ran by my moms house to pick something up.  I was all giddy about having my IUD removed yesterday and was dying to tell someone I knew in real life. 
So I went to my teenage sister and whispered in her ear "Wanna know a secret?  It's a secret you can't tell anyone!" 
She says "Okay... Yeah sure."   But sort of suspiciously.  I think she was afraid it was going to be some sort of TMI sort of thing.  
"I had my IUD removed yesterday!" I whispered very quietly.   My mother was on the other side of the room.
My sister responds out loud "I had  mine removed last week. Were you having problems with it too or...?"  And then she made a baby gesture as if that was some how less revealing than saying it out loud.  
I heard my mom on the other side of the room giggling like mad and doing a little victory hand movement.
I instinctively whacked my sister on the head with the mail in my hand and said, "Could you be more obvious? It was suppose to be a secret!" 
My mom started doing a happy dance saying, "I'm so excited!"
My sister apologized.
I found it necessary to proclaim out loud "I am not pregnant!"
And then my grandmother shows up from the other room and says "Oh but do you want to be?"
I tried to change the subject.  My mom was still doing her happy dance.  I told my sister to come by my apartment and visit then I said goodbye and left.

Oh  man.   I felt awkward.   I didn't want to have to talk about it with my family unless we actually got pregnant since they just are well hard to talk to generally.  My mother filled me with all this negative energy when I was pregnant with my first.  When I went to the doctor yesterday to have the IUD removed I was told I might be at an increased risk for early labor because of the damage to my cervix from a previous birth, but she didn't think I'd have any problems getting pregnant or before the end of my pregnancy.  I do have ovarian cysts though amongst other issues so we'll see how this journey goes. 

She asked me if I wanted to keep the IUD after she removed it; I wish I had said yes now because It would have been really neat to photograph for documentation here in my blog.  One side was bent a little bit, but I'm not sure if that was from the removal or if it was like that before it was removed.   I do have to say though that I had no pain when she removed it.  In fact I couldn't even tell she had pulled it out until she said "It's out!"  I went in at the end of my period so that could have been a factor that helped reduce my discomfort. I didn't really have any discomfort when it was put in either though. 

Now I need to focus on catching up on life.  Since I got home I've been lounging in my bra and my lazy time pants.  I'm hoping for some sex tonight as well as to get some reviews done.  I told Sire he could get a new video card for his computer if we have sex every other day for the next two weeks.   We'll see how that goes.

2 comments:

  1. Not too wise, dear.
    If you dont worship Jesus,
    you worship the world...
    and a whole lotta demons stand in.
    Lemme show you the Way into the Son.

    The more you shall honor Me,
    the more I shall bless you.
    -the Infant Jesus of Prague
    (<- Czech Republic, next to Russia)

    trustNjesus, dear,
    and wiseabove to Seventh-Heaven...
    cuz the other realm aint too cool.
    God bless your indelible soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not too wise, dear.
    If you dont worship Jesus,
    you worship the world...
    and a whole lotta demons stand in.
    Lemme show you the Way into the Son.

    The more you shall honor Me,
    the more I shall bless you.
    -the Infant Jesus of Prague
    (<- Czech Republic, next to Russia)

    trustNjesus, dear,
    and wiseabove to Seventh-Heaven...
    cuz the other realm aint too cool.
    God bless your indelible soul.

    ReplyDelete