Monday, August 8, 2011

Sex and Conception Go Together

I have a secret that no one ones except two people and I'm dying to talk about it.  I wasn't sure at first if this would be the best place to discuss it but a friend reminded me that my blog is for me so I should use it to write about what I need to write about.  Sire and I have decided to try to conceive a second child starting in September.  I have an appointment to have my IUD removed the first week.

There is a short window that would be ideal to conceive in  which would have the smallest impact on work and school possible.  So if we don't conceive by the end of the year that will be it we won't try again.  Previously I got pregnant really fast so I'm just leaving this with the universe to decide for us.  

At first I thought we'd just fuck like bunnies for a few months and we couldn't go wrong.   It sounded fun anyway.  Realistically though I know we are not always in the mood at the same time and with school and work we might be too tired to fuck like bunnies for three months.  So I decided I'm going to try to chart my cycle.  I bought a basal thermometer a couple days ago.  I saw it at the pharmacy while picking up a prescription and thought it was a sign so I bought it.  When I got in the car Sire saw me take it out and asked "Is that a thermometer you stick in your vagina?"  I asked him why he thought that since I hadn't told him what it was or why I bought it, he responded "Because it's pink!"  I have recorded my resting temperature the last two mornings and I'm going see if I notice a pattern I can identify ovulation with.  I'm thinking of buying a copy of Taking Charge or Your Fertility.


As I have already discussed, I am building an Aphrodite altar which isn't done yet but it's a work in progress.  Seeing as I have been working with her recently I will be continuing to work with her further to aid us in conception as Aphrodite is the Greek Goddess of love, beauty, sex and fertility amongst other things.   I picked up a beautiful rose quartz candle holder as well as some rose incense and sea shells.  I've been looking at feminine statues/sculptures for my altar and was having a hard time deciding on one but I think I may know which one I'm going get now.

While out looking for a fertility statue I found images of the green man and horned god images kept popping out to me and I realized I have been particularly attracted to horned/goat entities this week.  I feel like perhaps the a masculine fertility god is reaching out a hand to me to say that he will help.  I have not identified for sure who it is but I'm going to be meditating on this tonight.

Meanwhile Sire says if I get all the dishes washed before he gets home we can go to the comic book shop and buy more Magic cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment