Friday, August 26, 2011

Babies

 Oh everyone is talking about babies recently it seems.  So many friends just had babies recently and then I went to class yesterday and many of the people I met in my new degree program had just had babies.    While on FertilityFriend  I was looking at pictures of positive pregnancy tests at 9 Days Past Ovulation and was getting serious baby fever.  Then my mom even started asking me when I was going to have another "You said you were going to if you got your own place.  Why aren't you pregnant yet?"  I didn't tell her I'm having my IUD removed in about a week.

Honestly I keep asking myself, is this a great idea right now?  I am confident it will work out and in my heart I know this is what I want but of course there is always that doubt.   Today Sire wanted to bring some of the other children home from preschool today because they were so cute.  I of course reminded him we will be making our own soon enough.  He responded "Oh but taking care of you when you were pregnant was so hard.  I had to push you up hills."   I think he's sort of in the same psychological place I am right now, but we don't have time to be indecisive.   If we're going to have another baby now is the best time.   So we're going to just try for a few months and leave it sort of up to the universe to decide.   I know that sounds sort of crazy, like flipping a coin to decide to have a baby but if we don't get pregnant in the time frame which is the most convenient for us to have a baby I will accept that it was not meant to be.

I'm charting my cycle because I really want to take advantage of this time and give trying to conceive my our best effort.  I am really finding it fascinating now that I'm paying close attention to the time in my cycle when things like my mood, appetite, and energy change.  Unfortunately I think  my IUD is messing with my cervical fluid patterns so those won't be dependable until my IUD is removed.  I know that I want a home birth so I've been looking at the websites of various local midwives and asking around but I feel overwhelmed.  I want to choose the one that will be the best for me, but also one that will know how to deal with complications and that we will be able to afford.

So we're going to start trying to conceive in September.  I feel like I'm crazy because of how much is on my plate right now with working and going to school, but I'm really excited about it and I really feel like it's the right choice.  This is what I want.  So hopefully this means lots of sex next month. 

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... fucking like bunnies, I love that tag ;)

    My experience was so different in terms of how it proceeded and expectations, I wish you the best with your endeavours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tag too. I think I will use any excuse to use it. xD

    My expectations may be too high since they're based on my previous pregnancy. I hadn't had a cycle in two years and then it started spontaneously when I met Sire and then I got pregnant two months later. I really felt like she wanted to be born.

    I didn't include it in my post but I have been having issues with ovarian cyst for the last two years and a lot of the symptoms I've been having coincide with those of a couple of friends who have endomorphisms. I feel like waiting is a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete